The annual TESOL convention offers English language teaching professionals and scholars from around the globe the premier opportunity for professional development. Educators and scholars from more than 100 countries exchange ideas and practices, explore a wide range of topics and current trends, expand their professional networks, engage in mentoring on research and other projects, review the latest professional publications and resources, and learn about advocacy efforts in their community and around the world.
Come Inspired. Emerge Empowered!
The hybrid convention will feature both in-person presentations in Portland, Oregon, USA, 21-24 March 2023 and virtual presentations. You choose which format you would like to present in! Join the international TESOL community for TESOL 2023, and experience
what makes this event unique.
Engage in dialogue with present and future practitioners, administrators, researchers, and advocacy leaders about language education and policy as you enrich your knowledge, networks, and professional experience.
For your convenience, on the online submission site, you can
- submit applications to be 2023 proposal reviewers,
- submit proposals for TESOL 2023 concurrent sessions,
- submit proposals for TESOL 2023 virtual sessions, and
- submit proposals to organize Preconvention Institutes (PCI) at TESOL 2023.
Ready to Submit Your Proposal? Let's Get Started!
If you are an English language teaching professional or scholar or in a related field or content area, you are invited to submit a proposal for the TESOL 2022!
You can submit your proposal now at the online proposal submission site. Deadline to submit proposals is Wednesday, 1 June 2022 at 5 pm U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.
To find the deadline in your time zone, please use the simple converter.
Please read the following information carefully. All proposals must be submitted via the online proposal submission system. If you have any questions, please contact TESOL Strategic Events.
- TESOL 2023 Proposal Writer's Guide (Start here!)
- TESOL 2023 Proposal Worksheet (PDF)
- TESOL 2023 Proposal Worksheet
- TESOL 2023 Virtual Proposal Worksheet (PDF)
- Checklist for Proposal Writers
- Criteria for Selection - TESOL 2023 Rubric (PDF)
- Title, Abstract, Session Description, and Citations (PDF)
- Setting Selection (PDF)
- Strand Descriptions (PDF)
- Session Types (PDF)
- Session Types - Virtual (PDF)
- Presenter Roles and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Selecting a Focus (PDF)
TESOL Preconvention Institutes (PCIs) Call for Proposals
TESOL invites proposals for PCIs that deal with classroom practices and applications of research in language learning and teaching. Proposals are welcomed from teachers, teacher educators, researchers, program administrators, materials and curriculum developers, and other professionals
in communications, education, linguistics, foreign languages, and other related fields who have extensive experience in providing in-service programs and consulting for educational organizations. All proposals are refereed by TESOL’s Conferences Professional Council (CPC).
To submit a PCI proposal, please read the complete TESOL preconvention institute call for proposals.