All attendees, presenters, exhibitors, staff, volunteers, and vendors attending TESOL 2022 International Convention & English Language Expo at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center and the Westin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 21-25 March 2022 must provide proof of vaccination to attend the in-person event.
TESOL is using CrowdPass, a HIPAA-compliant service, to verify vaccinations. It should only take you a few minutes to complete this simple and secure registration and upload process. CrowdPass follows a thorough two-step verification process, and most verifications are completed within an hour or two. A confirmation will be sent within one business day. CrowdPass will accept vaccination status’ approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As part of the approval process, you must also accept and sign both the TESOL Attendee Waiver and Assumption of Risk form and the CrowdPass waiver.
You will need your vaccination card on hand (or a copy/photo of it saved on your computer or mobile device) so you can reference the information on it, to take or upload a picture. Accepted file formats for your upload are .png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .pdf.
- To begin, click on the TESOL Vaccination Verification Form to log into CrowdPass with your Google or Facebook credentials, or you can create an account with your email address. (You may receive an email asking you to confirm your email address.) Click confirm to proceed with the verification process.
- Provide some brief contact information using your name exactly as it appears on your vaccination card, agree to the TESOL Convention Attendee Waiver form and the CrowdPass waiver, then answer yes to the question “Are you fully vaccinated?”
- Fill in the information from your vaccination card, indicating which vaccine you received and when you received each dose. (If you received your vaccination outside of the United States, select Other. CrowdPass will verify international vaccine cards, but it may take up to 12 hours to receive your email with a verification code. Non-standard U.S. vaccination cards may also take additional time to be approved.)
- Take or upload a photo of your vaccination card and click Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email from CrowdPass that contains your vaccination verification code. Your vaccination verification code is unique to you and may not be shared or reused. Most people receive their confirmation email within a couple hours; however, it may take up to 12 hours during busy times. Be sure to check your junk or spam folder if you do not receive this message.
Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis only for those who cannot receive the vaccine due to a medical condition.
To submit a request for a medical exemption, attendees will have to submit documents from a licensed physician with the reason for the exemption to email@example.com.
If approved, you will also be required to provide proof that you received a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of your arrival. You must upload your test result to CrowdPass.
Please refer to CrowdPass’s FAQs for questions about CrowdPass. The TESOL Convention will follow the local government COVID-19 masking mandates. All convention hotels and venues follow US COVID-19 mandates and cleaning standards.
Please contact TESOL Strategic Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.