By registering to attend the TESOL 2022 International Convention & English Language Expo, you expressly agree to adhere to any and all COVID-19 protocols implemented by TESOL International Association, any facilities or venues at which the convention
is to be held, or any third-party organizations providing services, recreation, or entertainment at the convention. Agreement by you to comply with applicable COVID-19 protocols is a condition of your attendance at TESOL 2022.
As a TESOL 2022 attendee in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I agree to participate in and abide by all safety protocols implemented onsite by TESOL International Association. This may include, but is not limited to: wearing masks in public spaces, practicing social distancing, providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test (at attendee expense), temperature checking, completing health check questionnaires, proof of vaccination, etc.
- I understand that, to accommodate social distancing, some events may be limited to venue space capacities. I acknowledge that, although I may be attending the conference in-person, I may be asked to view or participate virtually should social distancing capacity be met in event spaces.
- I agree NOT to attend the convention if I am experiencing or exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms as outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as fever, dry cough, or shortness of breath. For a list of symptoms, please visits the CDC website.
- I agree NOT to attend the convention if I have become recently exposed to a person or animal with a positive and confirmed case of COVID-19, or if I have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- I acknowledge the contagious and evolving nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to the virus and become infected as a result of my attendance at TESOL 2022. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any expense, liability, illness, injury, disability or death related to testing positive for the virus during or after the convention. In consideration of my registration for and attendance at TESOL 2022, I hereby irrevocably and forever release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless TESOL International Association and each of its affiliated partners and sponsors, including without limitation, their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents from all claims arising out of or connected with COVID-19. I understand and agree that this release of liability includes any claims against TESOL International Association, as well as conference personnel or representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurrence exists before, during, or after attendance and participation at the convention.
If you have questions about this waiver, please contact TESOL Strategic Events at email@example.com.