Help Us Save Trees!
Please help TESOL reduce the amount of paper used at the annual convention by sharing your handouts through the mobile app. Preparing and submitting your handouts to firstname.lastname@example.org before the convention will also improve their quality and timeliness.
When you prepare your session, please do not assume that attendees will have downloaded or accessed your handouts. Some attendees prefer to download handouts in advance, but others prefer to download them later and take notes during the presentation. Attendees do expect handouts, however, so please send your handouts to email@example.com. TESOL staff will upload your handouts to the convention mobile app.
- You should not have more than 10 pages of handouts
- If you have co-presenters, work together to develop handouts
- Please convert all handouts to PDF files before uploading
- Name the file with session ID and session title
- Send handouts in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Handouts will be uploaded and available through the convention mobile app
- Try to include resources that attendees can use in the classroom, such as lesson plans, checklists, guides, and other practical information.
- Do not send PowerPoint slides
Important: The convention mobile app can be accessed by anyone who downloads the app. It's not restricted only to TESOL convention attendees. If you do not want your handouts to be available to public, please consider creating a QR Code to offer handouts to your in-person audiences instead.
A Word on PowerPoint
Please do not simply read your slides aloud. Instead, use your slides to engage audience members and generate interaction. Please use slides that
- visually support the presentation
- contain no more text than is necessary
- get the audience involved
Remember that attendees want to learn from you and want you to do well. It’s a good idea to rehearse your presentation so that you won’t have to lean on your slides.